Common misconception is that it’s a bad time to sell your Orange County home during the holiday. The reality is the buyers that are out looking at homes during the holidays are more than likely the most serious ones because let’s face it during the holidays we have more to do than wander though open houses. So while you may get fewer showings the quality of those showings will generally be a lot higher. Between office parties, shopping, baking, traveling to family etc., who has time to spend time looking at homes unless they really want to buy. Also generally speaking your home is decorated and very festive during the holidays.
Here are some tips for listing your home for sale during the holidays;
- Don’t have pictures taken with a holiday theme just in case the home doesn’t sell before the New Year.
- Have a tasteful wreath or fresh seasonal plants or flowers in pots
- If you celebrate with a Christmas tree don’t buy the biggest tree possible and thereby making your home look smaller
- Keep present out of view again so they don’t take up space and also for your privacy and security
- During an Open House make sure the fireplace is on as it’s a great selling feature this time of year
- Just remember moderation is key
Remember many home seller’s wait till after the holidays to put their homes on the market so the inventory is generally lower so with motivated buyers and lower inventory you have a better chance of getting at or close to asking price for your home.
If you have any questions about when it is the right time for you to put your home on the market contact me directly, I’m here to be the source for all your Orange County real estate related needs!
949 599 6860