New Years bring new resolutions and there is no reason Orange County real estate shouldn’t be part of that. Since housing is not only typically the greatest chunk of someone’s net worth but also the place we should most feel comfortable here are some ways you can resolve to improve your home in 2014.
1) Spring Cleaning – typically the longer someone stays in an Orange County home the more boxes of stuff they haven’t seen in years they have. Sometimes people don’t even know what they have until they start unpacking dusty boxes from the back of a closet. Spring Cleaning is a great way to find out what you have been collecting, organize your home and find things you can either use to fuel a garage sale or donate to a charity. Just think your boxes of forgotten items might be worth enough to fund a fun vacation or someone may finally have a jacket or some child may finally have a toy to play with because of your donations. Pretty good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used or worn it for a couple years your pretty safe parting with it, which hey makes room for new stuff.
2) Check Your Credit Score – regardless of whether you are looking to buy or refinance Orange County Real Estate in 2014 you want to know both your credit score and what is in your report so you can be proactive and stay ahead of any possible issues. If you are planning on buying or refinancing a home this year credit matters have a much higher importance thanks to the Dodd Frank bill going into effect so make sure you see your report and can address any errors or issues ahead of time.
3) Plan a Splurge – your home should be a place you look forward to going, but often over time we neglect the home for other more pressing matters. A minor splurge like a new couch, bigger TV, new kitchen counter top, renovated bathroom or even a few gallons of paint can go a long way in returning your Orange County home to the sanctuary you need.
4) Get Your Home Value Email Report – In Orange County real estate is typically the largest portion of someone’s net worth. Knowing your home value is essential to knowing exactly where you stand financially so you can make the right decisions moving forward to secure the future you deserve. We can easily email you your current Orang County real estate home value report so feel free to click the link below and see exactly how much your home is worth.
5) Address your Housing Budget – knowing how much you spend in total on your home can help you gauge how your going to achieve your future goals. Look at total housing costs, mortgages, insurance, taxes, HOAs, utilities etc. and see if there are ways you can save now to fund your future later.
As always if you have any questions feel free to contact me, I am here to help.
949 599 6860