5 Reasons To Love Dana Point
Working in South Orange County Real Estate I get to see every city from not only my unique perspective but also those of my clients. Every one of our cities in South Orange County has something to offer, but I am going to start with where I call home, Dana Point. Working in Dana Point Real Estate offers a lot of opportunity to see unique properties and this little city by the sea is truly special to me. Here are my 5 reasons to love Dana Point (included some pictures at the end to show you how gorgeous our little town is):
1) Unique small town feel. Dana Point was named after Richard Henry Dana Jr. who described it as the most romantic spot in California and it still holds much of that romantic charm. Dana Point is still a smaller town (there are on average only about 475 real estate transactions in Dana Point a year, and the population is only about 35,000 compared to around 50,000 for Aliso Viejo) and working and living in Dana Point you really do see a lot of the same people regularly who frequent the same local places you regularly do.
2) Natural Beauty in Spades – Dana Point has 7 miles of jaw dropping awe that makes up the coastline along with 23 parks to enjoy. Driving around the city is a festival for the eyes, even coming down Golden Lantern to our office on Violet Lantern you get an amazing view as you crest the hill of the harbor and beautiful Pacific Ocean.
3) Dana Point Harbor –The Harbor is home to over 2500 boats along with 50 specialty shops and restaurants. There is something for everyone to do, boating, skiing, surfing, fishing, paddle boarding, beach volleyball, and more. It’s also located next to Doheny State Park which is a 62 acre State Park offering camping, picnicking, swimming, surfing, kayaking, bicycling, tide pool exploration and so much more. All these outdoor activities make for a very active lifestyle for local residents. There is even a local yoga class offered on the bluff.
4) Dana Point Real Estate – Dana Point truly offers something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a bluff top home overlooking the Pacific Ocean, an eclectic custom home in the Lantern Village or Capistrano Beach, traditional master planned community homes with community parks, or various duplex’s or condo’s throughout the city you will find it all here. Dana Point real estate is really a specialized market since us local groups have to know so many different areas and factors that will affect a home purchase.
5) Festivals and events – Dana Point loves it’s heritage and enjoys sharing that with everyone. Some of the events are the Annual Festival of Whales every March, The Doheny Blues Festival, Tall Ships Festival, The Thanksgiving Turkey Trot, Holiday Boat Parade, Dana Point Harbor Boat Show and more. This year we had the privilege of having the Parade of Elephants, which is the first time ever in the United States.
Dana Point has a lot of reasons to love. Dana Point real estate is a challenging and exciting market to work because of the vast differences and unique attributes of different areas and homes within our small city. If you have any questions about Dana Point real estate, or real estate anywhere in South Orange County feel free to contact me I am here to help.
949 599 6860